Mouth ulcers affect most people at some point in their life. They are little sores inside the mouth, on the inside of the cheeks or on the tongue. Because they expose sensitive nerve endings they can make eating, drinking and even talking uncomfortable. For some people the pain is so severe they cannot sleep.
- Mouth ulcers affect most of us at some point in our lives and are more common when one is run down, busy, or stressed.
- Recurring aphthous ulcers commonly first occur during childhood and adolescence.
- Minor injuries can cause mouth ulcers, such as biting the cheek accidentally.
- Allergies, especially food allergies can be a trigger.
- Babies and young children are often affected as a result of common viruses (including Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, the Coksackie Virus and Herpes Simplex).
- Women appear to get ulcers with fluctuating hormone levels, when they are premenstrual, tired or run down.
- Because poor nutrition can affect the immune system, an unbalanced diet can be a cause.
To help relieve the pain of mouth ulcers:
- Eat plain food and drinks, avoiding spice and salt.
- Avoid orange juice or acidic foods that might burn.
- Use new aloclair™ gel which forms a protective barrier over the ulcer for effective and speedy relief.
- Drink with a straw to help bypass ulcers in the front of the mouth, but be careful the drink is not hot enough to burn the throat.
Most mouth ulcers are not due to serious illness and usually clear up without treatment. If an ulcer does not heal within two to three weeks consult your doctor or dentist.
Aloclair gives fast, effective relief from mouth ulcers, forms a protective barrier over mouth ulcers and oral lesions, giving safe, effective and speedy relief. It is alcohol and salicylate free* and can be used with confidence by adults and children.
Aloclair is available in a soothing gel and convenient spray. The spray has a nozzle that makes it quick and easy to apply, even to those hard to reach spots at the back of the mouth.
Aloclair’s soothing action relieves the pain of mouth ulcers within minutes and lasts for up to six hours. It works by forming a protective film over the nerve endings exposed by the ulcer reducing discomfort when eating, drinking or talking.
For a FREE sample of aloclair™ or Spray call distributors IVOhealth on 0860 456 123 or email email@example.com .